Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bed of nails

Reflections on my friend's blog "Our problem with pain" and the song by Over the Rhine that he shared at http://nthegarden.blogspot.com/

I've been sleeping on a "bed of nails" groping for the light and seeing myself as I really am, needy and broken with shattered dreams
A sinner, groping for the Light

but

Love covers over a multitude of sins.

and

The least of us has something to give

even in the darkness--

the act of just laying ourselves at His feet
Hands thrown up in the air. It's more than enough
come what may

Dream weaver, weave me some new dreams
and make me new again

-----------------------

Here's some beautiful words (by William Gadsby)

Poor sinner, dejected with fear,
Unbosom thy mind to the Lamb;
No wrath on His brow He does wear,
Nor will He poor mourners condemn;
His arm of omnipotent grace
Is able and willing to save;
A sweet and a permanent peace
He’ll freely and faithfully give.


fot the rest go to http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/hymns/p01.html

7 comments:

artmish said...

I also posted this on http://nthegarden.blogspot.com/

I was just thinking earlier today that it is dangerous when this life becomes so comfortable and amusing.
Dangerous because we forget what we really need, and that this life does not and will not ever offer it to us.
The problem is that we accept a reasonalble facsimile most of the time and we are really starving.
My challenge is to learn to acknowledge the pain without finding ways to ignore it or numb it. And then run to the one who will bring true healing.
Then there is something good about allowing the ache.

artmish said...

By the way . . .
great photo

Manuela said...

Great words. You need a blog. My love to you

Kent said...

artmish I agree with Manuela....you need a blog.

Kent said...

artmish.....still no blog?

Sue said...

Why, hello there! I have surfed on over for a visit with you this morning :)

Ah, my empathy goes out to you - trying to learn how to rest in God whilst sick is a terribly hard lesson to learn, isn't it :(

You can rest in this season. You really can. There are seeds being sown right now that you have no idea about - I still haven't seen all the fruit of what I learnt in that hard desert place but what I have seen so far has been very sweet (despite my inability ever to learn to be stoical ;)

Manuela said...

Thanks for visiting Sue. I left a few more words on your blerg