Thursday, December 1, 2011

Laundry beast

 'July 5, 2009: Laundry Mountain' photo (c) 2009, Christopher - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

 Sometimes the laundry piles up from here to the moon... and I need to be satisfied with just chipping away at it, once I can get out from under it. That's not really me in the picture, but metaphorically it definitely is.
It's a mountain that can only be climbed a little at a time.
The good thing about having to go to the laundry mat is that I can do many loads at one time. But I don't like to do more than three, plus it feels like I'm hogging the laundry mat if I do more than that!
Today, it's definitely laundry day- no escaping it. The beast has taken over. Why oh why do I put it off so....? It's always last on my priority list.
I've also noticed I go shopping more because it seems like there's no clothes (because they're all dirty!) Geez. Truth is, I don't like going to the laundry mat. I do covet having my own washer and dryer again... But I'm not sure I was any better when I did...  My husband has been doing his own laundry for quite some time. I'm really not the best house-wife, truth be told. Health problems have been part of the issue; having limited time where I was well enough to do things. But still, I always think there's better things to do with my time, until my daughter has no clean underwear.

I prefer to sit here and write about laundry than go and actually do it. Well, I rather write than do a great many things....

God give me the grace to fight this beast and WIN!
Can I accept that house work never ceases? (I always think it will magically cease one day, and often act as though it has, when all evidence is quite to the contrary) 


Okay, putting on my mama-cape, here I go!
Well, after breakfast! Can't do laundry without any protein!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, Manuela, you crack me up!
I was a little concerned to hear about the health thing 'cause I don't recall anything like that before...!?

Manuela said...

Hi Rich, thanks... Yeah, I've struggled with my health on and off for a long, long time. I don't talk about it much. It's just not the focus. What I had is chronic fatigue syndrome- I would get sick, unexpectedly, pretty regularly. I would feel like I had the flu at some point most every week. If not a couple days, then many days a week, with few exceptions... It is a tricky illness. My immune system was weak and I would catch any bug around too! Not fun. As a result, I couldn't work too consistently.. and could not work a job outside the home. Also, I would always be playing catch up at home with my chores... (Regardless though, I've always been a bit of a procrastinator!)
Thankfully, and praise God, since I moved to the southwest I've been steadily recovering! The sunny, dry warm weather has helped tremendously. (St Louis is very humid, and I have mold allergies, etc...) The last 6 months especially I've been almost totally healthy physically (especially since I mostly don't eat glutten anymore. I am really sensitive to it!) Recently I helped coach soccer and am now working outside the home again as a nanny. But even with the illness I'd always stayed involved and busy, till I crashed, anyway! Sometimes I wasn't too wise about my limitations. Still, my down sick times help draw me closer to God in many ways, as I had time to be still, rest and pray. Sometimes I would get mad at God that I wasn't healthier, but in time I see the illness never held me back from what he was doing in me INTERNALLY, which is what really counts : )

so how are ya? Hope you are well.
You can e-mail me. Still making music, whenever I can. You?

Peace, Manuela